Wow. What happened? Last week came and went all too fast. Like many other photographer’s this month, I have been really busy with photoshoots. It’s been one of the busiest photography months yet! Even though it has been a lot of mental work I have enjoyed every bit of it and am very pleased with how it’s all turning out!! Still more shoots left to do and I’m so excited about them!
I wish I could enlighten you to all of the ins and outs of what my job entails as a creative! But a blog post wouldn’t do it justice — it’s something that would need to be discussed over an iced tea in a quaint coffee shop or home. :) But I will say this: every single day I work hard to do what I love. I don’t just “go & take pretty pictures.” There is so much more to it than that, and like any job, it has an un-glamorous side (management, tracking systems, financial and legal work, etc., etc., etc.,). Sometimes it’s a thankless job, believe it or not. So, then, why do I do what I do? Because at the end of the day, I’m happy. It’s hard work to do what I love, but it’s worth it. I gain so much joy and satisfaction documenting other’s lives in a way that they’ll cherish for a lifetime. You know what gets me through each day and what keeps me going? My husband. It’s my husband’s applause at the end of a long day, and his warm embrace that follows the words “I’m.so.proud.of.you.” that keeps me going strong. It’s my husband’s love and support that constantly humbles me and makes me want to be a BETTER person. The way in which my husband loves me really does serve as a greater picture of the love that Christ has for me… and it’s just beautiful and so winsome.
All that to say, I feel very blessed.
There is so much to talk about but I will break it down into highlights…highlight number one being:
- Celebrating our 1 year engagement anniversary over the weekend! I can hardly believe it has been a year since the proposal. I will never forget that day. Brad set the bar high and couldn’t have planned a more perfect proposal. I hope to share the story with you in a blog post sometime soon. :)
- My computer crashed (although that’s more of a lowlight instead of highlight). ;) However, fortunately I have been good with backing up files, and Microcenter was able to give me any thing I didn’t have backed up. Praise the Lord. :) A new laptop is on its way!!
- Brad and I coached another soccer game over the weekend — three 5 year olds and one 6 year old. We have come to really love those kiddos and will be sad when the season is over in a few weeks.
- Brad and I attended my niece’s, Chloe, soccer game. Chloe is almost 7 years old and we are pretty close. It’s been soo bittersweet watching her grow into a young girl…she’s not my “little” Chloe anymore. :'( But I look forward to growing our relationship through each phase of life with her.
- Brad and I went to Breakout KC with some friends of ours — if you haven’t gone (or heard of it), you need to look it up and go! It was super fun. They put you in a room and you have an hour to figure out how to breakout of it — they offer different clues to help you along the way. It’s pretty intense.
- Going bowling with a couple of friends — which only served to remind me of how bad I am at the sport and how classy I look in those shoes.
I find that in any season of life it’s good and healthy to remember what you’re thankful for. So this week I’m thankful for:
- Hard work and a job I love
- Autumn days & Christmas music (don’t judge)
- My husband’s unconditional love
- My Heavenly Father, of whom I owe everything to. He is WORTHY of all my praise.
This week is shaping up to be another hectic week, so it probably won’t be until next week that I blog a photoshoot. But stay updated with me through my Instagram!
I hope you guys have a great week! Embrace the people you love.
This was taken the night of our engagement last fall :)